Sleep Dentistry is a hugely popular service we are offering to take all the fear out of visiting the dentist.
- Do you find yourself anxious at the thought visiting of the dentist?
- Have you put off getting important dental work done because of your fear?
- Do you have a number of dental needs that need addressing over the course of multiple visits?
If fit into any of these categories, then sleep dentistry may be a great solution for you.
What is sleep dentistry?
Sleep dentistry involves one long dental appointment where the patient is given an IV sedation to relax them. The sedative – used in clinics and hospitals worldwide – is both safe and effective and allows patients to sleep through the entire dental procedure.
What are the benefits of sleep dentistry?
There are a number of major advantages of using sleep dentistry. It:
- Is a great time saver as all required dental treatment – from fillings to root canals to crowns and even multiple extractions – can be provided in one appointment.
- Reduces anxiety levels as you can sleep through the entire procedure. You can walk out afterwards and not remember a thing.
- Reduces jaw soreness from having to hold your mouth open for extended periods.
- Minimises the gag reflex so dentists can perform their work unhindered.
- Avoids patient fear triggers such as sights, sounds and smells associated with dental procedures.
- Results in a more relaxed patient which allows dentists to work in an optimal environment, often speeding up the procedure which can mean monetary savings for the patient.
- Is the most relaxing and comfortable way to get dentistry done.
Even though you’ll be up on your feet after your treatment, a friend or family member will collect you as you will not be able to drive for the rest of the day.
Find out more
At Fraser Dental, we’ve introduced hundreds of patients to sleep dentistry. We know the value it offers in giving our patients the ultimate dental experience.
Seeing the absolute joy on our patients’ faces when they realise they no longer have to fear dental visits is a huge reward in itself. We love that we can offer them this innovative service to help them look after their oral health in a stress-free and (pain-free!) way.
To find out more about sleep dentistry, call us on 09 416 5050 or contact us here