Alex graduated from Otago University in 1978. In 1979 he was a tutor at the School of Dentistry in Dunedin; he then became senior dental house surgeon at Auckland Hospital and the Plastic Surgical Dental Unit at Middlemore Hospital.
Alex commenced private practice in 1981 and since then has developed some of the leading dental practices in New Zealand.
His special interests are in dental implants, orthodontics for children and adults, and cosmetic dentistry. Dr McIntosh is highly regarded in his field and regularly gives lectures on orthodontics and dental implants.
Dr McIntosh is enthusiastic about dentistry and the way it can improve everyone’s quality of life. Outside of his work, he enjoys spending time with his family, road cycling and swimming.
Dr McIntosh’s professional associations include:
- Member of the NZ Dental Association
- Member of the Auckland Dental Association
- Founding member and Past President of the NZ Dentists Orthodontic Society
- Member of the International Association of Orthodontics
- Member of the NZ Society for Anaesthesia and Sedation in Dentistry
- Member of the NZ Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
- Member of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- Member of the Australasian Osseointegration Society
- Member of the International Team For Implantalogy (ITI)